Foundation Module 1: Multi Agency Safeguarding Children - Family Resilience and Family Safeguarding
Date & Time:
Venue:Consort House, 5-7 Queensway Redhill Surrey RH1 1YB
Participants must have completed
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course. An exemption checklist can be found at www.surreyscb.org.uk
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This will include practitioners who are or will be Deputy/Designated Safeguarding Leads for their organisations.
Course Aim: This course will provide staff, who are new to child protection work, with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and the ability to work together on the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored attitudes and values which may affect the practice of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Developed an awareness of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures including section 17 and 47 enquiries (Children Act 1989)
- Considered levels of need/thresholds and taking approroaite action (Effective Family Resilience and Family Safeguarding)
- Considered interagency roles and responsibilities
- Considered good practice and learning from Serious Case Reviews
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Venue Details:Consort House, 5-7 Queensway Redhill Surrey RH1 1YB
Consort House is situated in the centre of Redhill, within walking distance of the shops, bus station and the railway station.
By Train The venue is situated only 400 yards from the mainline railway and bus station.
The M25, Junction 8 is within 3 miles of the venue.
Clarendon Road pay and display car park is situated behind the building. The address is Clarendon Road, Redhill, RH1 1QZ.
Gloucester Road pay and display car park is approximately five minute walk away at Gloucester Road, Redhill, RH1 1BS.
There is no cafe onsite however there are local shops within a one to five minute walk.