Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
SSCB Course: Level 2 Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Participants must have completed:
• The E Learning Child Exploitation accessed via the SSCB website or Surrey Skills Academy. This is the first level of training which is an introduction and aims to raise awareness of the different forms of child exploitation.
• SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This full day workshop is aimed at practitioners in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who have some understanding of children and young people vulnerable to exploitation.
Course Aim: To develop professional’s awareness of child exploitation, understand Surrey’s response including developing an understanding of the risk assessment tool and know how to respond to children at risk.
• To understand the different definitions of child exploitation including sexual and criminal exploitation.
• To recognise potential indicators of child exploitation.
• To be aware of the issues around perpetrators and sexual grooming.
• To be able to identify young people most at risk.
• To have knowledge of the multi-agency screening and risk assessment tools used in Surrey.
• To be able to signpost to appropriate services for advice, support and to make safeguarding referrals.
• To know where to access recent research to promote key learning points.
• To receive regular updates and notifications of key research and legislation
Trainer:Vicky Harris/Kim Coote
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.