Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Date & Time:
SSCB Course: Level 2 Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Participants must have completed:
• The E Learning Child Exploitation accessed via the SSCB website or Surrey Skills Academy. This is the first level of training which is an introduction and aims to raise awareness of the different forms of child exploitation.
• SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This full day workshop is aimed at practitioners in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who have some understanding of children and young people vulnerable to exploitation.
Course Aim: To develop professional’s awareness of child exploitation, understand Surrey’s response including developing an understanding of the risk assessment tool and know how to respond to children at risk.
• To understand the different definitions of child exploitation including sexual and criminal exploitation.
• To recognise potential indicators of child exploitation.
• To be aware of the issues around perpetrators and sexual grooming.
• To be able to identify young people most at risk.
• To have knowledge of the multi-agency screening and risk assessment tools used in Surrey.
• To be able to signpost to appropriate services for advice, support and to make safeguarding referrals.
• To know where to access recent research to promote key learning points.
• To receive regular updates and notifications of key research and legislation
Booking has now closed for this event.
Consort House is situated in the centre of Redhill, within walking distance of the shops, bus station and the railway station.
By Train The venue is situated only 400 yards from the mainline railway and bus station.
The M25, Junction 8 is within 3 miles of the venue.
Clarendon Road pay and display car park is situated behind the building. The address is Clarendon Road, Redhill, RH1 1QZ.
Gloucester Road pay and display car park is approximately five minute walk away at Gloucester Road, Redhill, RH1 1BS.
There is no cafe onsite however there are local shops within a one to five minute walk.