Raising awareness of abuse linked to faith and spirituality.
Date & Time:
Religious doctrines often support the caring of the most vulnerable amongst us; children. Sadly it is not uncommon for adults to justify child abuse and neglect with religious doctrines. Both of these phenomena can occur in just about every religious organisation and community. Religious abuse is abuse administered under the guise of religion, including harassment or humiliation, which may result in psychological trauma. This workshop will explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith, belie and spirituality.
- Explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- What is it? Where does it occur?
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- What are the barriers to sharing concerns?
- What should I do if I am concerned about such abuse?
- The picture in Surrey across faiths with some further details relating to Christian and Muslim faiths.
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces
There are two postcodes for the venue, the actual venue site postcode is TW18 2AY, the sat nav postcode is TW18 2EH.