Managing Allegations Against Staff and Volunteers: Education Staff Only
Date & Time:
Please note - this course is for those that work in the education sector such as schools and colleges (Head teachers, Governors, DSL’s with staffing responsibilities; recruitment, retention and disciplinary matters etc.
There is a separate training session in the pm organised for all other settings.
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed:
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course.
Target Group: The half day course is aimed at managers and supervisors in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who manage staff who are working (predominantly) with children, young people and/or their parents/carers.
Course Aim: To advise those employing adults to work with children in a paid or unpaid capacity, of their duties in respect of dealing with child protection allegations against staff or volunteers.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Considered the employers role and responsibilities and be clear about what to do if an allegation or concern is received about a member of staff or volunteer
- Understood the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Explored how the three processes of social care enquiries, police criminal process, and the employers’ responsibilities work together
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Consort House is situated in the centre of Redhill, within walking distance of the shops, bus station and the railway station.
By Train The venue is situated only 400 yards from the mainline railway and bus station.
The M25, Junction 8 is within 3 miles of the venue.
Clarendon Road pay and display car park is situated behind the building. The address is Clarendon Road, Redhill, RH1 1QZ.
Gloucester Road pay and display car park is approximately five minute walk away at Gloucester Road, Redhill, RH1 1BS.
There is no cafe onsite however there are local shops within a one to five minute walk.