Raising awareness of abuse linked to faith and spirituality.
Date & Time:
Religious doctrines often support the caring of the most vulnerable amongst us; children. Sadly it is not uncommon for adults to justify child abuse and neglect with religious doctrines. Both of these phenomena can occur in just about every religious organisation and community. Religious abuse is abuse administered under the guise of religion, including harassment or humiliation, which may result in psychological trauma. This workshop will explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith, belie and spirituality.
- Explore the nature of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- What is it? Where does it occur?
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- What are the barriers to sharing concerns?
- What should I do if I am concerned about such abuse?
- The picture in Surrey across faiths with some further details relating to Christian and Muslim faiths.
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.