Honour Based Violence: Forced Marriage
Date & Time:
Course Aim: To provide participants with the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills for safeguarding children and young people who may experience honour based violence including forced marriage and female genital mutilation.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be able to identify different aspects of life style beliefs and conformities across minority ethnic communities.
- Understand the concept of ‘Honour’ and its significant impact upon the lifestyles of many communities.
- Recognise how partners, families and communities use violence as a way of maintaining and reinforcing Honour
- Recognise the vulnerabilities of victims of Forced Marriage
- Recognise a wide range of multi-agency actions that can be used to effectively deal with cases of HBV and consider a risk assessment process for victims.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.