Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Date & Time:
Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Please note: this DSL training is specifically for Early Years settings only, there are Education specific courses for DSL training to book onto for education provisions.
This half day workshop is aimed at those new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or if you need to update your DSL knowledge on child protection and safeguarding issues.
• The role of the DSL including policies and procedures
• Safeguarding key legislation and guidance
• Identifying concerns and working with parents
• Risk management
• Effective Family Resilience and making a request for support
• Learning from Serious Case Reviews
• Managing allegations against staff the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
• Sharing information and record keeping
To enrol on this course DSLs must have completed the Working Together to Safeguard Children introduction course and if not already done so, must attend or be booked on to the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) Multi-Agency Core Safeguarding Children Training, Foundation Modules 1 and 2.
• This workshop is not open to you if you work in a local education authority school, however it is suitable if you are working in maintained or nursery classes attached to a school.
• You need to refresh your DSL training every two years, by attending DSL refresher training.
• There is a £50.00 charge for this workshop
Connections from Guildford, London Bridge & Waterloo Stations to Leatherhead station (see map). Trains also run from Epsom to Leatherhead.
By Bus 465 runs from Dorking through Leatherhead to Kingston
415 runs from Epsom to Leatherhead
From M25 Heathrow:
Exit at junction 9, keep in the right hand lane approaching the roundabout at the end of the slip road. Take the 3rd exit A243 towards Leatherhead. This will take you under the motorway on a dual carriageway. At the next roundabout, again keep over in the right hand lane upon approach and take the 3rd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
From M25 Gatwick:
Exit at junction 9, at the roundabout at the end of the slip road take the 2nd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
At Randall’s Road Car Park (KT22 0AH - for sat-nav purposes. This is a short walk away from Bull Hill.
There is no cafe onsite however local shops are a five minute walk away.