Children and Young People Who Harm Sexually - An Introduction
Date & Time:
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. Those who are likely to contribute to the ongoing assessment of children and families.
Aim: To provide an opportunity to develop a knowledge base in relation to the recognition and response to children and young people who display sexually harmful behaviour.
Learning Outcome: By the end of the course participants will have
- Considered research evidence and best practice models for working with children and young people who sexually harm.
- Developed an understanding of how to evaluate sexual behaviours
- Explored how this fits with SSCB procedures
- Gained an understanding of when and how to involve other agencies.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.