Online Safety: Introductory workshop for practitioners
Date & Time:
Online Safety: introductory workshop for practitioners
This is an introductory workshop to raise awareness of risks children may take online.
In order to attend this course you must:
• Create an account with the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (CEOP) to be able to access resources after the course. You can register with CEOP by clicking here
• Bring photographic ID on the day.
PLEASE READ: If you do not work for Surrey County Council please can you also ensure that you ask your manager to email us detailing why you need to be trained around Online Safety, this is part of CEOP's requirements to attend their training.
This workshop is aimed at practitioners and managers in statutory, community and voluntary agencies who work predominantly with children and/or their families.
Raise awareness and understanding of the risks children may take online.
• Develop an understanding of the digital world in which children live and the issues they may face.
• Have an awareness of the risks children may take online, in relation to sharing personal information, viewing harmful content, gaming etc.
• Understand how offenders target children online.
• Be aware of how to report and escalate concerns.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.