Foundation Module 2: Child Protection Conferences, Plans and Core Groups
Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Participants must have:
- Completed Foundation Module 1: Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training - Family Resilience and Family Safeguarding.
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This course is suitable for those who are likely to contribute to the ongoing assessment of children and families, attend child protection conferences, core groups, be involved in the implementation of child protection plans including all those who are or plan to be Deputy/Designated Safeguarding Leads in their organisations.
Course Aim: This training builds on the learning from Foundation Module 1. This course aims to provide staff with the opportunity to further develop their knowledge, skills and the ability to work collaboratively on the process for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering, or at risk of suffering significant harm. This course will enable practitioners to prepare for, contribute towards and understand the processes involved with Section 47 enquiries, child protection conferences, plans and core groups.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Developed an understanding of their roles and responsibilities within child protection conferences, plans and core groups
- Developed skills and confidence in contributing effectively to conferences, plans and core groups.
- Explored the process of decision making in the child protection conference.
- Developed an understanding of agency roles and contribution to interagency collaboration and planning including the formulation of child protection plans and core groups.
- Understood the Surrey Contact Centre (Multi-agency Safegaurding Hub) referral process and the Family Resilience and Family Safeguarding model in relation to conferences, plans and core groups.
Interim Arrangements for DSL's
DSLs will be considered as receiving appropriate training to carry out their role if they comply with the following criteria:
• Successfully completed DSL New to Role training
• Successfully completed SSCB Foundation Module 1 training
• Attend the termly SCC DSL Network Meeting
• When training dates are published, a booking is requested and secured to attend the next available SSCB Foundation Module 2 (Child Protection Conference, Plans and Core Groups)
Support and guidance regarding preparation and attendance for Child Protection Conference and Core Groups can be obtained from the Education Safeguarding Team.
Any enquiries or request for advice and support should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.