Honour Based Violence: Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation
Date & Time:
Course Aim: To provide participants with the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills for safeguarding children and young people who may experience honour based violence including forced marriage and female genital mutilation.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be able to identify different aspects of life style beliefs and conformities across minority ethnic communities.
- Understand the concept of ‘Honour’ and its significant impact upon the lifestyles of many communities.
- Recognise how partners, families and communities use violence as a way of maintaining and reinforcing Honour
- Recognise the vulnerabilities of victims of Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation.
- Be aware of the practice and forms of FGM
- Recognise a wide range of multi-agency actions that can be used to effectively deal with cases of HBV and consider a risk assessment process for victims.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Booking has now closed for this event.
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces
There are two postcodes for the venue, the actual venue site postcode is TW18 2AY, the sat nav postcode is TW18 2EH.