Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Date & Time:
Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Please note: this DSL training is specifically for Early Years settings only, there are Education specific courses for DSL training to book onto for education provisions.
This half day workshop is aimed at those new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or if you need to update your DSL knowledge on child protection and safeguarding issues.
• The role of the DSL including policies and procedures
• Safeguarding key legislation and guidance
• Identifying concerns and working with parents
• Risk management
• Effective Family Resilience and making a request for support
• Learning from Serious Case Reviews
• Managing allegations against staff the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
• Sharing information and record keeping
To enrol on this course DSLs must have completed the Working Together to Safeguard Children introduction course and if not already done so, must attend or be booked on to the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) Multi-Agency Core Safeguarding Children Training, Foundation Modules 1 and 2.
• This workshop is not open to you if you work in a local education authority school, however it is suitable if you are working in maintained or nursery classes attached to a school.
• You need to refresh your DSL training every two years, by attending DSL refresher training.
• There is a £50.00 charge for this workshop
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.