Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Date & Time:
Designated Safeguarding Lead - combined new to role and refresher training
Please note: this DSL training is specifically for Early Years settings only, there are Education specific courses for DSL training to book onto for education provisions.
This half day workshop is aimed at those new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or if you need to update your DSL knowledge on child protection and safeguarding issues.
• The role of the DSL including policies and procedures
• Safeguarding key legislation and guidance
• Identifying concerns and working with parents
• Risk management
• Effective Family Resilience and making a request for support
• Learning from Serious Case Reviews
• Managing allegations against staff the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
• Sharing information and record keeping
To enrol on this course DSLs must have completed the Working Together to Safeguard Children introduction course and if not already done so, must attend or be booked on to the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) Multi-Agency Core Safeguarding Children Training, Foundation Modules 1 and 2.
• This workshop is not open to you if you work in a local education authority school, however it is suitable if you are working in maintained or nursery classes attached to a school.
• You need to refresh your DSL training every two years, by attending DSL refresher training.
• There is a £50.00 charge for this workshop