Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Date & Time:
SSCB Course: Level 2 Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Participants must have completed:
• The E Learning Child Exploitation accessed via the SSCB website or Surrey Skills Academy. This is the first level of training which is an introduction and aims to raise awareness of the different forms of child exploitation.
• SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This full day workshop is aimed at practitioners in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who have some understanding of children and young people vulnerable to exploitation.
Course Aim: To develop professional’s awareness of child exploitation, understand Surrey’s response including developing an understanding of the risk assessment tool and know how to respond to children at risk.
• To understand the different definitions of child exploitation including sexual and criminal exploitation.
• To recognise potential indicators of child exploitation.
• To be aware of the issues around perpetrators and sexual grooming.
• To be able to identify young people most at risk.
• To have knowledge of the multi-agency screening and risk assessment tools used in Surrey.
• To be able to signpost to appropriate services for advice, support and to make safeguarding referrals.
• To know where to access recent research to promote key learning points.
• To receive regular updates and notifications of key research and legislation
Booking has now closed for this event.
By Train: Connections from Guildford, London Bridge & Waterloo Stations to Leatherhead station (see map). Trains also run from Epsom to Leatherhead.
465 runs from Dorking through Leatherhead to Kingston
415 runs from Epsom to Leatherhead.
From M25 Heathrow – Exit at junction 9, keep in the right hand lane approaching the roundabout at the end of the slip road. Take the 3rd exit A243 towards Leatherhead. This will take you under the motorway on a dual carriageway. At the next roundabout, again keep over in the right hand lane upon approach and take the 3rd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
From M25 Gatwick – Exit at junction 9, at the roundabout at the end of the slip road take the 2nd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
At Randalls Road Car Park, close to the Railway Station.This is a short walk away from Bull Hill.