Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Date & Time:
Venue:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2AY Sat Nav postcode: TW18 2EH
SSCB Course: Level 2 Child Exploitation and Building Resilience
Participants must have completed:
• The E Learning Child Exploitation accessed via the SSCB website or Surrey Skills Academy. This is the first level of training which is an introduction and aims to raise awareness of the different forms of child exploitation.
• SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This full day workshop is aimed at practitioners in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who have some understanding of children and young people vulnerable to exploitation.
Course Aim: To develop professional’s awareness of child exploitation, understand Surrey’s response including developing an understanding of the risk assessment tool and know how to respond to children at risk.
• To understand the different definitions of child exploitation including sexual and criminal exploitation.
• To recognise potential indicators of child exploitation.
• To be aware of the issues around perpetrators and sexual grooming.
• To be able to identify young people most at risk.
• To have knowledge of the multi-agency screening and risk assessment tools used in Surrey.
• To be able to signpost to appropriate services for advice, support and to make safeguarding referrals.
• To know where to access recent research to promote key learning points.
• To receive regular updates and notifications of key research and legislation
Trainer:Jane Dufton/Clare Jeffery
Venue Details:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2AY Sat Nav postcode: TW18 2EH
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces
There are two postcodes for the venue, the actual venue site postcode is TW18 2AY, the sat nav postcode is TW18 2EH.