Foundation Module 1: Multi Agency Safeguarding Children (NEW)
Date & Time:
Venue:Park House, Park House Randalls Road Leatherhead Surrey KT22 0AH
Participants must have completed
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course. An exemption checklist can be found at www.surreyscb.org.uk
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This will include practitioners who are or will be designated safegaurding leads for their organisations.
Course Aim: This course will provide staff, who are new to child protection work, with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and the ability to work together on the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored attitudes and values which may affect the practice of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Developed an awareness of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures including section 17 and 47 enquiries (Children Act 1989)
- Considered thresholds and taking appropriate action
- Considered interagency roles and responsibilities
- Considered lessons from Serious Case Reviews
Venue Details:Park House, Park House Randalls Road Leatherhead Surrey KT22 0AH
By Train: Connections from Guildford, London Bridge & Waterloo Stations to Leatherhead station (see map). Trains also run from Epsom to Leatherhead.
465 runs from Dorking through Leatherhead to Kingston
415 runs from Epsom to Leatherhead.
From M25 Heathrow – Exit at junction 9, keep in the right hand lane approaching the roundabout at the end of the slip road. Take the 3rd exit A243 towards Leatherhead. This will take you under the motorway on a dual carriageway. At the next roundabout, again keep over in the right hand lane upon approach and take the 3rd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
From M25 Gatwick – Exit at junction 9, at the roundabout at the end of the slip road take the 2nd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
At Randalls Road Car Park, close to the Railway Station.This is a short walk away from Bull Hill.
Teas and coffees are provided. Please bring your own lunch or puchase from nearby shops.