Managing Allegations Against Staff and Volunteers: Education Staff Only
Date & Time:
Venue:Nutfield Lodge, Nutfield Lodge Nutfield Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4ED
Please note - this course is for those that work in the education sector.
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed:
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course.
Target Group: The half day course is aimed at managers and supervisors in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who manage staff who are working (predominantly) with children, young people and/or their parents/carers.
Course Aim: To advise those employing adults to work with children in a paid or unpaid capacity, of their duties in respect of dealing with child protection allegations against staff or volunteers.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Considered the employers role and responsibilities and be clear about what to do if an allegation or concern is received about a member of staff or volunteer
- Understood the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Explored how the three processes of social care enquiries, police criminal process, and the employers’ responsibilities work together
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Venue Details:Nutfield Lodge, Nutfield Lodge Nutfield Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4ED
The closest National Rail to Nutfield Lodge is Redhill station. Would require a
taxi or bus; not in walking distance.
Nutfield Lodge is situated on the A25 between Redhill and Nutfield just 10
minutes from Junction 6 of the M25, and close to Junction 7 of the M23.
Ample free parking.
There is no cafe onsite, please bring your own lunch.
There are shops a short drive away in Redhill town centre where you can buy