Managing Allegations Against Staff and Volunteers: Education Staff Only
Date & Time:
Venue:Nutfield Lodge, Nutfield Lodge Nutfield Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4ED
Please note - this course is for those that work in the education sector.
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed:
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course.
Target Group: The half day course is aimed at managers and supervisors in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who manage staff who are working (predominantly) with children, young people and/or their parents/carers.
Course Aim: To advise those employing adults to work with children in a paid or unpaid capacity, of their duties in respect of dealing with child protection allegations against staff or volunteers.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Considered the employers role and responsibilities and be clear about what to do if an allegation or concern is received about a member of staff or volunteer
- Understood the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Explored how the three processes of social care enquiries, police criminal process, and the employers’ responsibilities work together
Venue Details:Nutfield Lodge, Nutfield Lodge Nutfield Road Redhill Surrey RH1 4ED
The closest National Rail to Nutfield Lodge is Redhill station. Would require a
taxi or bus; not in walking distance.
Nutfield Lodge is situated on the A25 between Redhill and Nutfield just 10
minutes from Junction 6 of the M25, and close to Junction 7 of the M23.
Ample free parking.
There is no cafe onsite, please bring your own lunch.
There are shops a short drive away in Redhill town centre where you can buy