Date & Time:
Venue:Park House, Park House Randalls Road Leatherhead Surrey KT22 0AH
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: This course will give participants greater confidence and skills to effectively challenge professionals and practice within their agency and others, in order to safeguard children and young people.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will
- Understand what we mean by professional challenge and how it can contribute, when used appropriately, to safeguard children and young people.
- Understand that this is a professional responsibility
- Explore the concept of ‘professional curiosity’.
- Consider situations when it might be appropriate to challenge decisions, practice or actions which might not effectively ensure the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person.
- Challenge the rule of optimism and develop practitioner confidence when working in partnership with families and professionals.
- Develop an awareness of the Inter-Agency Escalation Policy and Procedure.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Trainer:Jude Ivanoff/Eileen O'Hara
Venue Details:Park House, Park House Randalls Road Leatherhead Surrey KT22 0AH
By Train: Connections from Guildford, London Bridge & Waterloo Stations to Leatherhead station (see map). Trains also run from Epsom to Leatherhead.
465 runs from Dorking through Leatherhead to Kingston
415 runs from Epsom to Leatherhead.
From M25 Heathrow – Exit at junction 9, keep in the right hand lane approaching the roundabout at the end of the slip road. Take the 3rd exit A243 towards Leatherhead. This will take you under the motorway on a dual carriageway. At the next roundabout, again keep over in the right hand lane upon approach and take the 3rd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
From M25 Gatwick – Exit at junction 9, at the roundabout at the end of the slip road take the 2nd exit A245. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Kingston Road. Drive past A01 and on to the one-way system, Fairmount House is at the top of the hill on the right.
At Randalls Road Car Park, close to the Railway Station.This is a short walk away from Bull Hill.
Teas and coffees are provided. Please bring your own lunch or puchase from nearby shops.