Foundation Module 2: Child Protection Plans and Core Groups
Date & Time:
Venue:Guildford Children's Centre, Guildford Children's Centre Hazel Avenue Bellfields Guildford GU1 1NR
Participants must have:
- Completed Foundation Module 1 Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training (previously known as FM1 Introduction to Safeguarding)
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This course is suitable for those who are likely to contribute to the ongoing assessment of children and families, attend child protection conferences, core groups, be involved in the implementation of child protection plans including all those who are or plan to be designated safegaurding leads in their organisations.
Course Aim: This training builds on the learning from Foundation Module 1. This course aims to provide staff with the opportunity to further develop their knowledge, skills and the ability to work collaboratively on the process for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering, or at risk of suffering significant harm. This course will enable practitioners to prepare for, contribute towards and understand the processes involved with child protection conferences, plans and core groups.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Developed an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in child protection conferences and core groups
- Developed skills and confidence in contributing effectively to conferences, plans and core groups.
- Explored the process of decision making in the child protection conference.
- Developed an understanding of agency roles and contribution to interagency collaboration and planning including the formulation of child protection plans and core groups.
- Understood the Surrey MASH referral process and the Signs of Safety Model in relation to conferences, plans and core groups
in relation to conferences, plans and core groups.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:Jane Donson/Anastasia Drenou
Venue Details:Guildford Children's Centre, Guildford Children's Centre Hazel Avenue Bellfields Guildford GU1 1NR
Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Training course / meeting delegates’ information
Please note : We are able to supply drinks and snacks from our vending machines. If you bring your own packed lunch, the Centre is a nut-free environment so please do not bring any nut or nut-related products with you. Please be aware the cafe at the Children’s Centre is currently closed so you will either need to purchase lunch or go to the local shops within walking distance of the venue.
• Park in our Car Park whenever possible
• Car-share if feasible
• Park legally and with consideration for our local residents if you have to use the road
PLEASE DO NOT:-
• Park in our disabled bays unless you have a valid permit
• Block driveways
• Double park
• Park close to bollards, bus-stops or junctions
• Park on the large Green opposite the Centre
We are situated on a busy main bus route, therefore please observe the above advice to avoid receiving a penalty notice. You may find it easier to park a short distance away from the Centre in one of the surrounding roads and walk in.