Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Pre-requisite: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1 and 2
Target Group: This workshop is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: An increased understanding of the concept of disguised compliance, how to identify and respond to disguised compliance
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have
- Discussed what is meant by hard to engage families.
- Understood how disguised compliance can present in the behaviour of the parent/carer and also the professional (that it is not just within the child protection area of work)
- Looked at tools to work with clients/service users who are displaying signs of disguised compliance
- Understood the practice of ‘respectful uncertainty’
- Looked at how a model of a strengths based approach to child protection conferences could be used in other areas of work to recognise and respond to disguised compliance
- Recognised the feelings of workers when entering the home and then think what it must be like for the child.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.