Train the Trainers - Working Together to Safeguard Children
Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Participants must have:
- A role as safeguarding training lead within their organisation
- Completed SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1, 2 and 3
Target Group: The 2 day course is aimed at safeguarding leads who wish to deliver single agency Working Together to Safeguard Children induction training to staff within their own organisation. The course provides a foundation for those who wish to become a SSCB trainer and deliver multi-agency Foundation Modules 1 and 2 training. Delegates will be invited to a further day to cover these two modules.
Course Aim: Familiarisation of the SSCB ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ induction materials to enable the delivery of single agency training.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Familiarised themselves with current resources.
- Shared experiences with other trainers from other organisations.
- An understanding of how to deliver the Working Together to Safeguard Children induction and refresher training.
- Considered the importance of maintaining up to date knowledge in relation to research, practice guidance, policies and procedures.
Exemption please note, if you are a school (maintained school/Academy/Independent or Free School), in order to be able to deliver Working Together to Safeguard Children induction training in-house, your safeguarding lead must have completed Foundation Module 1 and 2 and current DSL training. It is not a requirement that your safeguarding lead attends the SSCB Train the Trainers course, however they may wish to attend for their continued professional development and if they plan to deliver more safeguarding training other than the Working Together to Safeguard Children Induction.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Trainer:Jane Donson/Anastasia Drenou
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.