Managing Allegations Against Staff and Volunteers: Education Staff Only
Date & Time:
Venue:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2AY Sat Nav postcode: TW18 2EH
Please note - this course is for those that work in the education sector.
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed:
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course.
Target Group: The half day course is aimed at managers and supervisors in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who manage staff who are working (predominantly) with children, young people and/or their parents/carers.
Course Aim: To advise those employing adults to work with children in a paid or unpaid capacity, of their duties in respect of dealing with child protection allegations against staff or volunteers.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Considered the employers role and responsibilities and be clear about what to do if an allegation or concern is received about a member of staff or volunteer
- Understood the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Explored how the three processes of social care enquiries, police criminal process, and the employers’ responsibilities work together
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Venue Details:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2AY Sat Nav postcode: TW18 2EH
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces
There are two postcodes for the venue, the actual venue site postcode is TW18 2AY, the sat nav postcode is TW18 2EH.