Building Professional Confidence in Responding to Self Harm
Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1 and 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. The particular focus of this training is understanding and addressing deliberate self harm
Course Aim: For participants to develop an understanding of why young people self harm and consider a multi agency response. Patterns of self-harm in children and young people are evolving with the explosion of digital communication. Areas that will be considered include; how do we recognise the warning signs, what action do we need to take and how do we assess risk?
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have
- An understanding of why young people self-harm
- Developed strategies for responding to a disclosure of self-harm
- Develop questioning skills with young people who self-harm
- Consider alternative coping strategies for young people who self-harm and the key steps to help them reduce their harming
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.