Foundation Module 2: Child Protection Plans and Core Groups
Date & Time:
Venue:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2EH
Participants must have:
- Completed Foundation Module 1 Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training (previously known as FM1 Introduction to Safeguarding)
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This course is suitable for those who are likely to contribute to the ongoing assessment of children and families, attend child protection conferences, core groups, be involved in the implementation of child protection plans including all those who are or plan to be designated safegaurding leads in their orgnanisations.
Course Aim: This training builds on the learning from Foundation Module 1. This course aims to provide staff with the opportunity to further develop their knowledge, skills and the ability to work collaboratively on the process for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering, or at risk of suffering significant harm. This course will enable practitioners to prepare for, contribute towards and understand the processes involved with child protection conferences, plans and core groups.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Developed an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in child protection conferences and core groups
- Developed skills and confidence in contributing effectively to conferences, plans and core groups.
- Explored the process of decision making in the child protection conference.
- Developed an understanding of agency roles and contribution to interagency collaboration and planning including the formulation of child protection plans and core groups.
- Understood the Surrey MASH referral process and Safer Surrey Model in relation to conferences, plans and core groups
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Trainer:David Blake/Blaithin Hamill
Venue Details:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2EH
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces