Healthy Outcomes for Children who are Looked After
Date & Time:
Venue:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners who currently, or may in the future, work with Children who are Looked After.
Research and practice tell us that Children who are Looked After have high rates of physical, emotional, social, and educational need than their peers. This is due to their pre-care and sometimes in care experiences. Adults with a care experience are over represented in our prison system and adult mental and emotional health services
The majority of children who enter care have suffered significant harm, neglect and trauma, and some are children who have travelled alone from their country of origin to seek asylum in UK.
To provide staff with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and ability to improve health outcomes (both emotional and physical) for Children who are Looked After, who depend on partnership working across health, education, social care, police and other partners.
By the end of the course participants will have:
• Developed an awareness of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures including Promoting Health and Wellbeing of Children who are Looked After
• Improved their understanding of why Children who are Looked After have additional health vulnerabilities
• Improved their understanding of roles and responsibilities for assessing and meeting the health needs of Children who are Looked After within a multi-agency framework
• Developed an understanding of the Care Review Process and how multiagency working can contribute to improve health outcomes of Children who are Looked After.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Trainer:Liz Channing/Christine Arnold
Venue Details:Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road Woking Surrey GU22 7QQ
Please sign in at the reception and the trainer will come and collect you.
By Train: Woking station is seven minutes walk away and has a frequent and fast services across Surrey and SW London, including Guildford, Farnham, Haslemere and Surbiton. It is 30 mins from London Waterloo
It is a 7 minute walk from Woking station to Quadrant Court.
• Exit the station from Platform 5 (not town centre side).
• Turn right along Station Approach.
• Cross over at pedestrian crossing to Magistrate’s Court.
• Pass Magistrate’s Court and Police Station on your left.
• Cross Heathside Rd
• Cross over Guildford Rd (main road) to Quadrant Court on the opposite side.
34, 35, 71, 81, 436, 463 and 548 buses all stop within two minutes
walk of Quadrant Court.
From London/ M25:
• Take A3 (J10, M25) towards Guildford
• Exit A3 at Ripley. Follow signs to Woking along A247
• Join A320 (Guildford Rd)
• Turn left into Mount Hermon Rd
• Turn right into Montgomery Way
• Quadrant Court car park entrance is on the right
Please Note: There is no parking at Quadrant Court for delegates. You may be fined up to £150 if you park at Quadrant Court car park without a valid permit. However, if you hold a Blue Badge you are able to park at Quadrant Court. On arrival at car park located at rear of buildging, please buzz in at the barriers and request a disabled parking permit.
The nearest off site pay and display car parks are Woking Park and Heathside on Heathside Crescent (Satellite navigation users should enter the postcode GU22 7AG).
Teas and coffees are provided through the day. There is a cafe onsite but it
does not accept card payments.