Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Level 2)
Date & Time:
Venue:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2EH
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- The E Learning Child Sexual Exploitation accessed via the SSCB website or Surrey Skills Academy. This is the first level of training which is an introduction and aims to raise awareness of CSE.
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This half day workshop is aimed at practitioners in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who have some understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation. It is based on previous CSE Champions training.
Course Aim: To develop professional’s awareness of CSE, understand Surrey’s response including developing an understanding of the risk assessment tool and know how to respond.
- To understand the definition of sexual exploitation.
- To recognise potential indicators of child sexual exploitation.
- To be aware of the issues around perpetrators and sexual grooming
- To be able to identify young people most at risk.
- To have knowledge of the multi-agency screening and risk assessment tools used in Surrey.
- To be able to signpost to appropriate services for advice, support and to make safeguarding referrals.
- To know where to access recent research to promote key learning points.
- To receive regular updates and notifications of key research and legislation.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Trainer:Maria Edwards/Steven Bird
Venue Details:Thameside Centre, Langley Road Staines TW18 2EH
By Car: Approach from Laleham Road and turn left onto Langley Road to get to the venue.
By Train: Follow links to go to the nearest train station which is the Staines Rail Station, this is in walkable distance from the venue.
There are limited parking spaces at the site, which are available on a first come, first served basis. Two of these spaces are clearly marked as disabled parking spaces