Foundation Module 1: Introduction to Multi-Agency Working (Focus on safeguarding young people)
Date & Time:
Venue:Brooklands College, (MA1) Brooklands College Heath Road Weybridge KT13 8TT
Participants must have completed
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course. An exemption checklist can be found at www.surreyscb.org.uk.
- An E-Learning alternative version of the 'Working Together to Safeguard Children' can be found via the Surrey Skills Academy website (http://surreyskillsacademy.learningpool.com/) for £12.50, you will just need to create an account with the website and then search for the E-Learning on there. Please note: this is not a website that we own or manage.
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This will include practitioners who are or will be designated safeguarding leads for their organisations.
Course Aim: This course will provide staff, who are new to child protection work, with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and the ability to work together on the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored attitudes and values which may affect the practice of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Developed an awareness of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures including section 17 and 47 enquiries (Children Act 1989)
- Considered thresholds and taking appropriate action
- Considered interagency roles and responsibilities
- Considered lessons from Serious Case Reviews
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Venue Details:Brooklands College, (MA1) Brooklands College Heath Road Weybridge KT13 8TT
From Central London
Take the A3 and leave at the Cobham exit.
At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A245 towards Byfleet.
At the 1st roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the
B374 Brooklands Road
Go straight over roundabout.
Pass over the railway bridge and straight over roundabout onto Heath Road.
Take the next turning on the left.
Brooklands College - Weybridge Campus is situated at the end of this driveway.
From M25 Clockwise
Exit the M25 at junction 10 taking the A3 towards
At the first junction exit the A3, taking the A245 towards Byfleet and Weybridge.
Follow as for Central London point 3.
From M25 Anticlockwise
Exit the M25 at junction 11, taking the A317 towards
Continue on the A317, passing over two roundabouts.
At the 3rd roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the
B374 Heath Road.
Take the 4th turning on the right.
Brooklands College is situated at the end of this drive.
Weybridge Station is on the mainline from London
Waterloo to Portsmouth.
For further information on train times and fares, please call the National Railway Enquiry Line on
0345 48 49 50.
There is parking onsite in the visitor’s car park or if this is full, in the student car park. The barrier should be open for you to be able to use the student car park. If not, please let Reception
know. When you arrive, please report to Reception and they will show you to the training room.
Refreshments and Lunch:
Tea and coffee will be available during the day. Lunch is not provided however this can be purchased from the college canteen in the main building.